Friday, February 17, 2012

Time to say goodbye.

"To everything there is a season..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1 

  After much thinking and praying - and yes, agonizing - I have decided to bid blogging goodbye and this is, sadly, my last post here on Joyful Mama's Place. Writing here these past two years has been such a lovely experience and a very fun hobby.  But being an 'all or nothing kind of girl', the blog has just been taking up too much of my time and energy, and even when I wasn't posting much, I'm afraid I had gotten into the habit of looking at too much of my life as potential  blog posts! I would much rather spend that time and energy on things with more eternal value.

    Thank you so much for every one of you who read my ramblings these past two years, and especially to everyone who took the time to comment and told me that you enjoyed my posts - your comments were always a treat!

   I will not be deleting the blog, so feel free to return to the archives if you ever need some inspiration! And who knows, maybe in a year or so I may even try to take up the reigns again...

   I continue to have fun with my sweet children daily and I delight in their development and beautiful personalities. Hopefully leaving the blog - and cutting down on computer time in general - will free up even more time to spend with them and with my darling husband!

"The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you
and give you peace."
Numbers 6:25-26

Yours joyfully,

A Joyful Mama
 

5 comments:

  1. ai, dis hartseer vir my... ek geniet so om van jou te leer deur jou blog, jy het altyd sulke great idees. Ek sal nou moet kom kuier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Ek verstaan heeltemal hoe jy voel. Eerder tyd saam met jou engelkinders spandeer as om daaroor te skryf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaah yes,I can relate to you saying that you started to look at your life too much as potential blog posts - I have certainly experienced that as a blogger. I will certainly miss you greatly - a real-life buddy, a blogging buddy - it's been such a cool ride :) Having said that, I'm so glad that we are real-life friends and I don't get to miss you too much :).

    Georgiax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you! I've enjoyed reading your posts but at least you know what's best for you in your life. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand the pressure one can put on oneself to keep up to date with silly things like blogging when we're really trying to spend time with our children. I admire your decision and am sure it will work out well. Blessings in your endeavours as a homemaker and mother.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments! I will try my best to reply here to each comment promptly. Have a beauty-full day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails