My good friend Gina attended last Friday's
Toys for Tots
and although I would like to believe that she left here
with all kinds of wonderful ideas for
her children's minds,
the highlight of the morning for her was clearly my
chocolate & almond
She made me promise to put the recipe on the blog, so here goes!
(I didn't get a chance to take a photo of mine, so I borrowed one here)
- 125g butter
- 200 ml (160g) sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 ml vanila essence
- 500 ml (280g) cake flour
- 8 ml baking powder
- 5 ml salt
- 250 ml (100g) nuts (I used almonds, but use whichever kind you like best!)
- 150g chocolate, roughly chopped (1 slab cadbury's works great)
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and whisk until light and frothy.
- Sift together the flour and salt. Add to the egg mixture. Stir in the nuts & chocolate and mix to a stiff dough. Divide the dough into two and cover with cling wrap. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Roll each piece of dough out on a floured surface. Shape into 2 sausages about 25cm long, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 C until light brown.
- Let it cool and cut diagonally into 1cm slices. Bake these for another 5 minutes at 120 C.
- Lift onto a cooling rack.